Get paid To Promote at any Location
PhotobucketWelcome to my Weblog!
Enjoy reading!This site is dedicated to publishing my unlimited ideas as and when I am able to pen my thoughts and opinions. You're welcome to browse through the archives and comment on the entries.

"And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him. He will make a way for him to get out from every difficulty. And He will provide from sources he never could imagine."
- Surah 65 At-Talaq 2,3

Saturday 4 October 2008

Custom Domain Publishing : My Experince

I'm back....Shinade, LJ, Rizal and ImitationAngel thank you very much for the support. I learned great lesson for the past 2 days.

I bought my domain Bonoriau.com from Yahoo last January. Since then I forward Bonoriau.com to my blog. Last to 2 days I decided to switch my blog bonotravel.blogspot.com and publish on custom domain Bonoriau.com.


 I clicked the button confirm and hoping that the process will be automatic but unfortunately is not. It only automatic if we buy the domain from Google Custom Domain such as GoDaddy but not to domain from third party. After few hours I waiting but still no progress so I send email to Help Center.

Sir,


I redirect my bloghttp://bonotravel.blogspot.comto my domain http://bonoriau.com. The domain I bought from Yahoo. I'm really hope that the management will approve the domain and publish my blog as soon as possible. Thank you very much for the assistant.

About 2 hours the Help Center replied my email :

You have to start with the DNS setup.  Here's what you have:
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.192
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.195
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.199
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.200
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.201
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.204
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.205
premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net. 300 IN A       216.39.58.207
www.bonoriau.com.    1200    IN      CNAME   premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net.
Here's what you need:
bonoriau.com.  3600 IN A 64.233.179.121
bonoriau.com.  3600 IN A 66.249.81.121
bonoriau.com.  3600 IN A 72.14.207.121
www.bonoriau.com. 3600 IN CNAME ghs.google.com.
Please read my tutorial for details.
http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2008/06/custom-domain-publishing-and-go...
And read why you may have a problem here:
http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2008/08/custom-domains-and-yahoo-dns-ho...
Chuck [Blog*Star 2006 - 2008]
Real Blogger Status: http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/

I immediately study the problem I'm facing. I read line by line the facts and explore all the detail from the 2 links given to me. I go back to my domain center and change my DNS setting but still not working.

Later this afternoon I found very important note and immediately I change my blog to previous setting.

Right now, we have no experience with making a Blogger blog, published to the primary domain, work properly when Yahoo DNS is involved. It appears that the best solution, in this case, is to get a third party DNS service that supports "CNAME" referral, and avoid Yahoo DNS altogether.

 Do you learn something from this experince????


If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and follow my Twitter have new posts sent directly to your inbox. Subscribe and receive a one-time bonus of 50 EC credits and leave your comment


42 comments:

  1. Yeeha first commenter! :)

    Bono, connection slow gila ni, just gonna drop on my fave blogs then zzzz...leave comment pun takes forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marzie I'm also facing same problem. I just finish half of my dropping ...I fikir my connection problem then this afternoon I went to Warnet ...but lagi teruk. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really big problem. I'm sure there is someway around that if those people wanted to look hard enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ImitationAngel I look this on positive side, experience so know what to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah thats why I cannot access your blog for last 2 days.

    Goodluck, hope you will solve your problem soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice experience, hope you will solve your problem soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this is why your site is down.
    hope everything is okay now.
    Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i tried to sleep but too sick so I got up to do some drops. I am moving slow also.

    I am just glad you are back. I learned that when I couldn't reach you...I knew I would really miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bono! Connection speedy as usual today! Smlm I sempat drop sampai Thanks je ha ha! But what to do, cause it was really damn slow kan?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bono, I mmg tak faham domain-domain ni and after reading abt your problem, lagi la konpius!! But I'm glad ur site is up and running again, happy Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to access into your blog couple of times during my Eid ul-Fitr break, but failed. I did drop you a comment on my blog about this here

    Well, I hope you will get your own domain soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. shien problem solve and I've to wait till my domain expire with yahoo or maybe transfer to other provider.

    ReplyDelete
  13. rarzi thanks for dropping by. I always learn from experience..from hard rock university.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indocontest thanks for the support. I'm really learn something ..heeee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shinade hope you getting better..I pray for your health. Take care and have a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marzie what we can learn from my experience is don't use Yahoo domain if we want publish our blog domain. Use Google custom domain easy and automatic. Alhamdulillah my connection today MANTAP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bluecrystaldude I already have my own domain but can't be use to publish my blog...but no problem this is experience to move forward next level.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is bad.. how come they have no experience with blogspot? That is very strange..

    You know what you can do.. you can transfer your domain to godaddy.. there's a charge of course but I know for sure will not have problems with forwarding.. coz i did it for my blogs too.

    You can try this discount code see if you can get 10% off

    OYH1 or BTPS4

    or check out my latest blog over at
    http://getgreatbuy.com for USD3 off any new or renewal over at godaddy...

    Cheerio
    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eh but now that you connection mantap.. oklah tu..

    Do we need to change all your links now??

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm glad the redirect is okay now. Thanks for sharing what you've experienced. It will help the rest of us who will eventually get our own domains in the future.

    Anyways, congrats on your new domain! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not IT savvy so that explains why I continue blogging with Blogger. I'm not going to change and lose all my posts. :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was already wondering what happened to your Blog. Good luck for the next try?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LJ thanks for the support. I saw your coupon on your site yesterday when I do my dropping. I just thinking and wondering why most of top blogger (99%) using wordpress not blogspot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is ready a learning experience. Through learning, we can learn even more. I can access your blog site easily today.
    Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bono, u transfer ni, you didn't lose any of ur posts kan? Semua masih ada yes?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bono 100+ readers here today MANTAP! Syabas Bono! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. yayyy your back and I thought for a moment there I thought I had something wrong on my end hehehehe. Glad to have you back Bono and yes this does help us all a lot :) whew that must have been a frightful experience for yah.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Coolingstar9 thank you for the support. I'm not a computer back ground and always learn from experience and never give up. I always keep trying and trying till success.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Marzie Alhamdulillah breaking the record 1st time touch 100. Hope more will come. Thank you for your and all friends GREAT support.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Metz not really frighten. I want to do and willing to face the problem...I don't want to face the problem once the blog already BIG...I want to build this blog like a asset...heee

    ReplyDelete
  31. glad you're back! been trying to read your blog only to get the redirecting message.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Bono.. because they say WP is better and they have more control over their blogs as in plugins and stuff.. but honestly I still prefer blogger lah :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow that's the first I've ever heard about an issue like that.. I agree with LadyJava... when you have your own domain using Wordpress is tons easier (well I'm partial because I use it), and now they have an auto update feature so you never have to worry about manually upgrading your version or compatible plugins ever again. It's now EXTRA user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  34. since you already have your own domain, why not move to wordpress? I know that you have to start most thing from scratch but it's wort it in the long run... just a suggestion la...

    ReplyDelete
  35. Kristina I always thought that it will be easy...maybe Yahoo is also big provider so they have different system or maybe Google want to promote their domain...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Shaxx I'm thinking to switch to wordpress but I'm really zero about the system

    ReplyDelete
  37. Bono, wordpress is just like blogger but with more user friendly dashboard. you should try wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Emila actually already have one bonoriau.wordpress but still untouchable

    ReplyDelete
  39. I don't encounter problems yet with any domain since I don't buy at Yahoo. Have a nice day Bono.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm sorry Bono, maksudnya beriklan dimana di Harian Riau Pos (korannya) atau di websitenya (riaupos.com)?

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mas Hendra Berapa harganya beriklan di koran dan di website nya.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I immediately study the problem I'm facing. I read line by line the facts and explore all the detail from the 2 links given to me. I go back to my domain center and change my DNS setting but still not working.

    ReplyDelete

If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and follow my Twitter have new posts sent directly to your inbox.