I love RSS. It’s my preferred way of subscribing and keeping track of the sites. Questions that I always asked numerous times is:
1. Why should we build RSS Subscribers number?
2. How do I get People to Subscribe to my RSS feed?
Dosh Dosh explores Why You Should Build Your Feed Subscriber Base and gives a variety of good reasons for building up the number of readers subscribing to your blog including:
* Personal Gratification
* Feed-based Monetization
* Social Proof
* Ability to Initiate Feed-Level Promotions
* Improved Linkability
* Buzz Generators
Problogger explores How do You get People to Subscribe to Your RSS feed and gives 11 ways to find new subscriber.
* Promote Your Feed Prominently
* Promote Your Feed with an Image
* Use Multiple Methods to Promote Your Feed
* Educate Your Readers
* Offer RSS to Email Services
* Promote Your Feed in Off-Blog Communications
* Make sure Your Feed is discoverable
* Full Feeds
* Give Your Feed Readers a Bonus
* Promote your Feed at Key Entry Points
* Run an Ad Campaign
I bold the ways I already DID IT. Out of 11 the best is promote your feed with an image. Thank you to Marzie and Emila with their fantastic idea Personalized RSS Dolly. My subscriber increase from 30++ to more then 100 daily, not that fantastic but good start. Click Personalized RSS Dolly if you want to have your own personalized RSS image.
One last thing:
Are you subscribed to Bonoriau’s RSS feed? If not - You know what to do or click my Dolly
If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by Email and follow my Twitter have new posts sent directly to your inbox.